Tuesday, June 9

Meet Michelle Joni

New York City is a game to me. The object of this game is to try new things, go to all the best places, eat the most delicious food, meet fascinating people, and have as much fun as possible.

Now, I may have been born with glitter in my veins, but I wasn’t born knowing exactly how to be the bona fide young, social Manhattanite I strive to be. So I’ve called upon some help.


Each week I will consult with and introduce you to a prominent NYC insider who will tell me all the things they love most about New York, and exactly how to take advantage of the city. I have a lot to learn – from food and nightlife to relaxation and the arts – but with help from right people, I should be able to win this little game I call NYC.

Stay tuned each week, and follow me on Twitter @michellejoni for the day-to-day adventures that come with life in the city.

And to be fair, because you really don’t know me at all, I will tell you eleven things about myself. Eleven, because ten is cliché. Plus, you’ll soon realize I see nothing wrong with going overboard.

1. I’m 24 and single.
2. I prefer tutus over pencil skirts.
3. I live on the border of Chelsea and Flatiron… in borderline excess.
4. I never close my blinds. My view is too good - the Empire State Building, the Chrysler, and those hundreds of silly looking water towers make me happy.
5. I Twitter. A lot
6. I often feel the need to photograph my food. Ah, memories.
7. I grew up with parents who run Beatles conventions for a living. “But what do they really do, like, as a job?” I just told you. Yup, it’s pretty awesome.
8. In college I started fashion magazine called UDress. I was deemed the Anna Wintour of Delaware. That’s all.
9. I am a natural blonde. And my hair stylist is a natural at highlights.
10. My nights would not be complete without five-inch heels and bright YSL lipstick.
11. I work part-time doing online marketing for a luxury brand, even more part-time assisting a celebrity fashion stylist, but it’s a full-time job just being me.

Play along... promise it will be worth your while. ;) 

Kisses!

Michelle Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment