Wednesday, July 15

Erin Fetherston | CHALLENGE



On a most magical Sunday night filled with wine, lobster, violin, rooftops and a handful of famous film and photography personalities, I had the pleasure of getting to know my Round 3 insider: the fabulous, fĂȘted New York fashion designer Erin Fetherston.

Erin is a ball of positive energy! She has a magnetic sense of spirituality, wonderful stories accompanied by the cutest laugh I’ve ever heard, two puppies at home, and a heart of 24-karat gold.

And yes, those iconic blonde bangs are just as unbelievable in person, even after 8 hours in a summer breeze! (Her hair is done by Warren-Tricomi… obviously!)

Erin’s story is a fairytale of an American girl in Paris – she moved from California to study at Parsons in Paris without knowing a word of French. After 5 years she not only became fluent in the language, she launched her namesake collection and showed at the Haute Couture Paris shows in January 2005.

A few seasons later she shifted her collection to ready-to-wear, and then 2007, replanted her business and life in the glamorous USA, to New York City.

INSIDER CRED

• Erin has taken New York City by storm since the moment she arrived, establishing herself an iconic girl-about-town and an innovative force in the industry, while running a successful international fashion brand.

• She's shown at New York Fashion Week for the past 6 seasons with a star-studded front row, including a rare, smiling Anna Wintour.

• She was honored as a finalist for the Vogue/CFDA Fashion Fund award in 2007.

• She’s collaborated with actors, friends and photographers on short films to highlight her collections. She's starring in the next one - stay tuned!

• Her clothes have been worn by the likes of Anne Hatheway, Winona Ryder, Cameron Diaz, Kirsten Dunst and Zooey Deschanel.

• She designed a Target GO International line.

• She was so good at bringing her own brand to America, that she's signed to be the face of LU Cookies to do just the same! Erin Fetherston cookies, coming September 10th. Is that not the most adorable thing you've ever heard?

I attended her show last season, where I fell in love with her collection of exaggerated tutus, bows, headpieces, tulle, sparkle and shine. It was a fashion-forward femme fantasy. My over-the-top glittery girly ideals were validated right there, before my eyes, on Erin Fetherston's runway!





































Erin's dreamy imagination mixed with her bright, grounded sensibility is the perfect combination when designing a collection... and a set of rules to live by for a week. I learned so much just from her already (priceless advice and inspiration), I can only imagine what my week according to her will bring!

Bring it on blondie.

THE RULES

1. Have brunch at Cookshop. Get the chicken salad.

2. Get lunch at The Modern… perfect after a walk through the MoMa.

3. Have dinner at Minetta Tavern.

4. Do happy hour at The Standard Grill at The Standard Hotel.

5. See the Model as Muse exhibit at the MET.

6. Attend the MAC party for artist Richard Philips on Wednesday.

7. Go rollerblading along the West Side Highway OR go play tennis – 2 of the greatest summertime activities.

8. Go to my 2 favorite places to shop in New York: Whole Foods and local farmer’s markets. Get an organic selection of food for the week... and eat only organic.

9. Get the Oxygen Facial at Yasmine Djerradine.

10. Dating advice: New York men are spoiled. IMPORT!

And just when I thought the list was done… she added one, per my mentioning that I had a friend who joked I should be sent to the Bronx Zoo to feed giraffes. “Actually - I love the Bronx Zoo!” she replied. “Add it to the list.” And so:

11. Go to the Bronx Zoo. Walk through the Butterfly House. (I do not have to feed any giraffes.)

THE PRIZE

A seat at her Spring 2010 show this September, a backstage pass, an invite to the after party… AND I get to borrow something from her dreamy Fall 2009 collection to wear to it all!

I'm looking forward to another crazy, fabulous week of the NYC Game from Erin's fresh, young perspective.

Be sure to follow me for the play by play, and opportunities for YOU to play along and win.


Kisses!

1 comment:

  1. How perfect! I just had brunch at Cookshop on Sunday (on my nearly perfect date). But I didn't get the chicken salad. Does it still count?

    ReplyDelete