Tuesday, August 18

Alex Ott | YOUR TURN

Play The NYC Game!

PART ONE:
Sabrina Alexis, the faboosh founder and editor of A New Mode, has now helped me to the finish lines in Rounds 3 and 4. In turn I have invited A New Mode to host half of Round 4's YOUR TURN.

TO ENTER: Visit A New Mode to find out how to play and what you can win from  Buffalo Exchange. Also shop my supercool vintage cork board... oh how I love making old fashion new again.

CONGRATULATIONS to the 4 WINNERS of $74 gift cards to Buffalo Exchange:
meamadison : http://twitpic.com/fb4jk - #NYCGAME swedish handstiched vintage dress from sweden, linen, to die for! One of a kind! @michellejoni @anewmode @buffaloexchange  

richelecole : @michellejoni @anewmode @buffaloexchange my grandmother's romper from the 60's http://twitpic.com/falhl #NYCGAME 

brookesamantha | http://twitpic.com/ej7e2 - my grandma's pearls. choker, necklace, & bracelet. :) @michellejoni @anewmode @buffaloexchange #NYCGAME 

stephaniecain | @anewmode @michellejoni @buffaloexchange# LOVE my vintage hand-embroidered clutch from Japan in the '40s. take it out every night! #NYCGAME 


PART TWO:
THE DRINKING GAME
***YOU MUST BE 21 OR OVER TO PLAY***

You now have the chance to be the NYC Insider and win one of the of the UNGODLY DIVINE cocktails that Alex Ott put in Round 4.

TO ENTER: Tell me YOUR favorite cocktail in New York City and where to get it.

Enter by commenting below. You may win any of the 4 following cocktails below.... May the Mixology Gods choose your fate!

1: The Sushi Samba Cocktail Tree 
Winner: CYNTHIA
Which means I will be trying... the Wet Ginger Martini from Schiller's Liquor Bar


















2: Two Mememonee Falls from Onieals.
Winner: BECCA
Which means I will be trying... the Dirty Sexy WHOREtini at Divine Bar


















3. A prescription written by Albert Trummer at Apotheke to heal all your pains. (If you're confused whatsoever, you need to re-read the results of rule 11, my friend.)
Winner: MISSA
Which means I will be trying... the Gold Rush at Cafe Mogador 


















4: Two Pickle Back shots from TJ at Rusty Knot.
Winner: JEF G
Which means I will be trying... The Thaiperinia... which I must locate somewhere in Harlem!


















COMMENT below by Monday, August 24, at midnight to enter.

The winning cocktails will be chosen at RANDOM: I will write every drink down on paper, crumple them up in a giant martini glass, and draw out 4.

The 4 prizes above will be awarded in order of the drawing. And in spirit of The NYC Game... I will go try ALL 4 of your winning cocktails!

*If you're not in NYC and still want to play, you'll be able to save your drink for your next trip to the city if it's this year, OR you may donate it to an NYC friend.


Kisses...  and cheers!


Michelle Joni


PS. I WON THE BALLOON RIDE!

WAIT!  >> If you're mildly confused - or severely confused - as to what's going on here and why I'm winning balloon rides... read the instruction manual on the homepage! Also navigate (at right) through the Challenge and Results of Alex Ott's Round. It'll be fun.

Alex Ott's declaration of my Round 4 victory was so darling that I framed it. See?
In case you don't have a magnifying glass:
"If the past few weeks changed your night life and drinking habits forever, then I'm happy. As a flavor crusader that is my mission statement for this planet. I am not only very proud of Michelle aka. Stumbling night owl (1st meeting on chelsea roof top), but also very impressed and happy that even MY below-the-radar guys in these spots were not only there, BUT she was even welcome and still alive at the end of the week. I somehow dont apologize for stretching this game, i am actually trying to keep this going at all costs, because when it comes to fun, there IS and Should not be a time limit....and when it comes to My life, the great thing about it is: it is mine, and YOU cant have it, but i do love sharing it with friends! You are one now! Your balloon ride is all yours!
Much love to you and your players and stay tuned for the crazy parts....
Truly yours"

Up up and awayyyyy I go. I'll keep you posted on the balloon ride and the "crazy parts"... balloon ride/crazy parts... what's the difference? Until then... stumbling night owl I shall be. :)

8 comments:

  1. Best cocktail in New York: The Gold Rush at Cafe Mogador (St. Marks between 1st and Ave A). (Makers Mark, Lemon, and Honey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dos Camino's: Smoky Pear Margarita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grey Goose dirty martini (not too dirty) w/ extra olives, @ The Palm (west side)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a challenge, go and find it! i cant remember the name. PDT's cucumber, dill, lime, champage and rum. Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. the dirty, sexy, whore-tini at divine bar! dirty martini with a celery salted rim and bleu cheese and red pepper stuffed olives...MMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Challenge... Thai me up or you down?

    Where in HARLEM can you drink a THAIPERINIA?

    (if this wins, you have to FIND it first!)

    xx Jef G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trends come and go but the Wet Ginger Martini at Schiller's Liquor Bar is still my #1. It's beauty is in it's simplicity: fresh ginger makes the ultimate ginger martini; and the pear infused gin makes this a favorite of gin and vodka lovers alike. Have fun 'researching' the winners and be safe! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. (David originally posted this under Results, so I have re-posted here)

    David said...
    Dragon Tears - There is this gin based drink at Pegu Club that is red and is lit partially on fire. I stumbled in there one night with a friend and happened upon this magnificent drink. Being late, and the drink being quite potent, I have no idea the actual name. Hence it has become known as dragon tears when we refered to it the next day. Easily the best cocktail I have had in NYC over my two year stint. Figure out which one it is, and I dare you to think otherwise.
    -DS

    ReplyDelete